Strada AV - 2 Group
Featuring iconic Italian design and user-friendly interface; the Strada has always been evolving over time based on barista feedback.
Built To Perform
With all the best technology La Marzocco has to offer, the Strada AV is built to perform superbly under the most trying conditions. With the Strada platform, you can expect consistency and flexibility, with independent brew boilers with saturated groups, as well as programmable volumetric dosing for up to four profiles per group. Even in high volume cafes, the Strada AV will remain quite stable, aided by insulated boilers and a pre-heating system, not to mention its powerful heating elements and PID temperature control. All this and more adds up to a rock-steady machine you can rely on no matter what you throw at it.
Inside the machine, you'll find all stainless steel boilers, and each brew boiler can have its temperature adjusted independently should you want to run different thermal profiles for your coffees. Powerful steam is available with vacuum-insulated steam wands, and a hot water economizer allows you to set the dispensing temperature of your hot water wand as desired. Barista-focused features like exposed group heads, an adjustable height drip tray, and an automated backflush cycle make the Strada AV more adaptable to your workflow needs.
The Strada AV utilizes automatic volumetric programming to pull consistently delicious shots, even in high-volume environments, so it is an ideal workhorse for busy cafes. With the Auto Brew Ratio feature (ABR), you can use the built-in drip tray scales and programming to weigh out your doses in the portafilter, and brew to a set ratio or to your desired beverage mass.
Strada AV Features
The Strada AV is characterized by its underlying mechanical features and designed by the "street team" baristas. The initials “AV” refer to a feature whereby brewing is activated by a three-button keypad where the doses are counted by a flowmeter for each group. This model includes proportional steam valves, both featuring anti-reduction valves. The adjustable deep drip tray accommodates a variety of cup sizes and is great for efficiency.
- Proportional steam valve with a level style activation for proportional solenoid steam valve eliminates the need for regular maintenance.
- Autobackflush to help keep your machine clean so it makes better-tasting coffee.
- Independent boilers for each group head allow baristas to optimize temperature for multiple coffees.
- The thermal stability system allows water to pass through each element, so the temperature is further stabilized.
- Dual PID coffee and steam allow you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperatures.
- Performance touch steam wands are vacuum-insulated double-walled steam wands that remain cool to the touch while delivering high volume dry steam.
- Proprietary electronics drive intuitive programming and provide heads-up information and systems monitoring.
About The Brand
La Marzocco was born in Florence, Italy at a time when people were drinking more wine and very little coffee. As a big influencer of the coffee industry in the U.S., La Marzocco first established itself with Starbucks in the mid-'90s. Soon after lots of serious and hard-core baristas started opening up their own coffee shops and turned to La Marzocco commercial espresso machines due to their output of high-quality coffee drinks. So for years, baristas have been appreciating the details and quality of these handmade espresso machines for their reliability, durability, and timeless aesthetics. Expect everything to be special about your La Marzocco.